Monday, June 5, 2017

Ableton Looping Template: Equipment used

One main reason for selecting some of the items here, is that they are cheap to replace. Cheap enough that I can afford to look out for spares. For example, here in Denmark I have seen the Novation Compact SL mk1 go for less than 500 kroner.

  • Novation Compact SL - Ableton remote controller with custom controls
  • Novation Mini Launchpad: Clip launching
  • Akai APD8: triggers drums
  • Behringer X-Air 18 : USB Audio Interface
  • Asus Memo Tablet: Android


Novation Compact SL

  • Battery or USB powered
  • Ableton Live compatible
  • Two LCD screens.

Akai LPD8

  • Small
  • USB powered
  • Perfect for drum kits

Behringer X-Air 18

  • Multi track recording
  • Low Latency


 I have previously tried the Ableton Push MK,1 but found although it had many options to control Live, I just did not enjoy using the pads to enter notes. I may not be a great keyboard player but it is what I am used to using and feel more comfortable playing a keyboard. So for this reason I went back to my old Novation Compact SL as my main controller.


The one thing missing from the list at present is a laptop. A few years back I bought my first laptop for music production. Sadly that machine has now died and I need to find a replacement. Any recommendations?

No comments:

Post a Comment