Monday, June 5, 2017

Ableton Template: MIDI Input for Instrument tracks

MIDI Input for Instrument tracks
Signal Flow: Audio and MIDI

In my Live set I have several instrument tracks that I can play from the Compact SL keyboard. Instead of the keyboard notes being directly sent into each track, they are all fed from a single MIDI track. This track has various MIDI effects that can manipulate the incoming notes.

MIDI Effects rack

So for example the Sub-Octave MIDI effect device adds another note an octave below the played note. There is also a MIDI delay that adds delayed notes to the input. All of these plugins are controlled from Lemur template.
Lemur MIDI effects controls

Note that the audio from these tracks are fed into a single audio track, where various effects are added, Before being routed into a Looper device. This way I have one Looper for all my instruments.







No comments:

Post a Comment